Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Movie Reviews


Evan Almighty
By Sandor Hugert

I was a huge fan of the first movie, Bruce Almighty, but without Jim Carrey the second one had no chance of being even nearly as good as the first one. I was right; Evan Almighty wasn’t good at all. You can get over the fact that Jim Carrey didn’t come back, but this movie just wasn’t funny at all. At most I had like two or three good laughs during the movie, but that is extremely sad consider how Bruce Almighty was just hilarious. The whole Noah’s Ark plot didn’t really grab my attention at all either, just because the only laughs you get out of that is when he hits his finger with a hammer. The whole time when the animals were following him was just a bit weird. I suppose some people might find it funny how Steve Carell started looking more and more like Noah. I just taught that we have seen that type of comedy way too much before in movies such as the Santa Clause trilogy. The whole movie just wasn’t that funny. I’m just wondering how much more sequels will they make to Jim Carrey movies without actually having Jim Carrey in the sequel. There has been three movies so far: Dumb and Dumberer When Harry Met Lloyd, Son of the Mask, and Evan Almighty. These movies all did horrible at the box office, although Evan Almighty isn’t doing that bad but not nearly as good as Bruce Almighty. I did not like this movie at all, even if you enjoyed Bruce Almighty (like me) the sequel has no elements linking it to the first one.

Score: 3 out of 10

No comments: