Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Game Reviews


Call of Juarez
By Sandor Hugert

I had very high expectations for this game for the XBOX 360, considering that I had a lot of fun playing other western games such as Gun and Red Dead Revolver. Sadly I have to say that I was a little disappointed with this game. The story line is really cool how you are switching between two characters as Reverend Ray is chasing down Billy. This gets sort of weird how you basically play every level twice, once as Billy and then as Ray trying to find him. Thankfully the gameplay is different for each character as with Billy you are trying to be stealthy on every level considering that you basically get shot three times and then you die. I found that being with Reverend Ray is way better considering that it’s more of a run and shoot type of gameplay. I myself never really found that being stealthy in a game is too much fun since we play video games for enjoyment. There were a few very weird puzzles in the game where you’re not really sure what to do, and jumping on ledges with a rope is just a bit weird in first person camera angle. They could have at least given you the option to switch between first person and third person camera angles. On the other hand, this game has some of the best graphics seen up to this day when you walk around near waterfalls. I advise people to try this game out, but if you want an awesome western experience in a video game then buy Gun, not Call of Juarez.

Score: 6 out of 10

No comments: